from bobby pins and braces.
I am from Dad’s overprotection of his little girl.
From mom’s compassion,
kindness and joy,
we are just alike,
she and I.
I am from the Hau Tree
whose long limbs reach over the ocean
gently cradling us
on a warm summer day.
I am from small footprints in the sand,
each finding their own way.
I am from campfires and doughboys,
Evergreens and rain.
From old sneakers and wet pavement.
I am from sunrises and sunsets,
appreciate beauty
and live life with no regrets.
I am from best friends
forever treasured,
always there for each another
pain or pleasure.
I am from life’s not about what’s better than,
from Nanu and Pops.
I am from Swedish pancakes,
French music and warm cups of tea.
I am from old scrapbooks and photo albums,
a new bud on the family tree.
No comments:
Post a Comment